Have you had your mouth drooling after watching those online food delivery commercials lately? Then you have been affected by a great content marketing strategy.
We have shed tears seeing some contents as well as joined in force to rebel against injustice after being motivated by other contents.
Content is everywhere around us, motivating us, encouraging us to buy something we need or do not need and leaving an impact on us.
In saying that, in this blog, the core elements of content marketing will be discussed which includes:
– Developing a Content Strategy
– Selecting the Appropriate Topics
– Content Creation
– Content Optimization
– Content Distribution
– Content Integration
– Content Evaluation
– Content Innovation
Content Marketing in Bangladesh
We can confidently say that content marketing in Bangladesh is on the rise especially now more than ever when everyone’s screen time on their phone is about 12 hours a day. It is high time for businesses to effectively reach the right customers for them and build trust and loyalty with them for the long term.
So to keep up with the competition of creating exceptional content, companies are utilizing content writing services or partnering with content marketing agencies in Bangladesh to help them retain their position or to start their journeys in the industry.
Leaders in content marketing receive 7.8 times more web traffic than non-leaders.
(Source: Content Marketing Institute)
Keeping the new and established business owners in mind and also to those curious about content marketing in Bangladesh, this blog is dedicated for them to embrace content marketing the right way by understanding the core elements of content marketing.
1. Developing a Content Strategy
Creating boring content is easy but if the company is following the guideline of a content marketing strategy, then remarkable content can be produced to reach the goal of the company and then to attract long-term and the right customers.
a. Establishing strategic goals
The aim of an effective strategic goal is to ensure that the results that you want to achieve are clear from the beginning. Hence, it will be easier to set targets, map out each content campaign more thoughtfully, and collaborate with others.
Some common content marketing goals include:
– Developing thought leadership
– Enhancing customer engagement
– Generate demands
– Growing sales
– Audience creation
– Earning brand recognition
There are two types of goals: ongoing and campaign goals. These will help you decide which ones to concentrate on and when.
|Ongoing Goals||Campaign Goals|
|Monitors the outcomes to achieve on a regular basis and for the long term.||Assess the performance of an initiative with a defined start and stop date.|
|Example: If your company publishes blog posts on a weekly basis, then measure the ongoing engagement of visitors in a month.||Example: Goal to achieve 300 leads from a three-month-long launch campaign for the latest service offerings.|
b. Identifying Target Audience
Who is this for?
This is what any marketer should ask themselves before producing any kind of content. It is critical to determine who your target audience is, what they want, and how you can better meet those needs with your content.
Knowing the target audience will allow you to better personalize your content to fit their context, desires, and preferences. This alignment increases the likelihood that your blog posts, videos, and other material will be well-received by your target audience.
You can identify your target audience in the following ways and create customer personas:
– Conducting interviews
– Undertaking marketing research
– Holding focus groups
– Analysing your current customer data
The customer persona is profiles of your customers that provide information about them based on their demographics, motivations, challenges, and attitude.
2. Selecting the appropriate topics
a. Identifying relevant topic ideas
Have you ever published an article or a study that you felt was the perfect fit for your audience only to be met with silence?
To avoid this, let us review how we can identify relevant topics:
– Look at customer personas for your company and the usual challenges they face. Research into the topic to see if they are linked with your company’s expertise, product or service you are offering
– Paying attention to trends in the questions and suggestions you get from your customers is another valuable source of topic inspiration. Is there a subject or issue that your customers keep bringing up through email? Perhaps this is a good place to start as a subject to cover.
– You can also examine your analytics to determine which content held visitors on your website the longest, or you can pay attention to the posts that produced the most feedback.
b. Sorting topics into groups
In order for a company to become recognized for its experience, it must limit the topics it covers to a small set of categories which is useful for coordinating its content marketing.
A category should be precise enough to have a strong focus, but broad enough to cover several topics that fit within the theme.
For example, an art supply company might concentrate on scrapbooking, home decor projects, children’s crafts, and seasonal activities.
The aim of these categories are:
– To ensure that you’ve only produced content on subjects that fall within these categories, concentrating your team’s efforts and streamlining decision-making.
– Know exactly what subjects should and shouldn’t be discussed every time you sit down to write a new case study, LinkedIn posts, or script the next video series.
– Posting useful content on the same central topics on a regular basis will help your customers remember you, as repetition aids memory.
– Increase your search engine visibility which is very important for a business.
By regularly publishing content in specific categories, Google can find it easier to navigate your site’s layout, discover related content within each category, and, most importantly, understand what subject areas your company is a leading authority in.
At this stage, you can also work with a content marketing agency in Bangladesh that can improve your business’s visibility along with other Digital Marketing services.
3. Content Creation
a. Effective Storytelling
Content marketing or in general is largely motivated by storytelling because it is a unique way for companies to engage with their customers that goes beyond simply promoting the benefits of their goods and services.
Embrace the basics of storytelling to create engaging content that creates loyalty and confidence with your audience.
1. Define the central message you want to convey about a topic. As this will direct the rest of the information of the post, infographic, documentary, or larger project you’re working on, so it must be clear from the beginning.
2. Next, think about what kind of story will best express the topic and its central message.
3. Include characters for a human component and display different experiences and viewpoints within your content like interviewing an employee in a video post, mentioning someone’s experience in the article, or adding a testimonial on case studies.
b. Choosing the right type of content
Choose content formats that help consumers understand your message, comply with their tastes, and complement your skills and resources. You must first determine what format choices are available before deciding on what content to make.
4. Content Optimization
Although formatting your content correctly does not guarantee that it will reach your target audience, failing to format your content will almost certainly ensure that it will not be seen.
a. Content formatting for a seamless experience
Have you ever tried to read an article on your phone only to find that the text is too small and difficult to read, so you close it and move on?
38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive. (Source: Graffiti9)
These structural details may have a negative impact on the experience people have with your content, deluding its message and preventing its usefulness due to seemingly minor errors. As a result, it’s critical to format the content effectively in order to give a campaign the best chance of success.
- When writing an online post, it’s important to write a few sentences per paragraph and to use sub-headers to divide the piece into different parts. This improves the readability of the piece so that an individual can easily read through it and find the details they’re looking for.
- Summarize the topic of your material, whether in the title of a report or the explanation of a video, small details matter because they influence a person’s decision to engage.
- When possible, have helpful next steps. Have a call-to-action in your content to inspire people to watch a related video or read a related post. You are also providing valuable and related information to the consumer and customer engagement is increasing the opportunity for your company to direct their attention to more valuable content.
b. Content formatting for distribution
To get people to read, watch, view, or listen to your content, you must be proactive. One of the most effective ways to prepare ahead and increase the reach of your campaigns is to format them with search engines and social media in mind. To boost your content’s success on these main distribution platforms, make the following strategic decisions before publishing it.
According to a recent survey, organic and paid search accounts for 68 percent of all observable website traffic, demonstrating how powerful Google and other search engines are at driving traffic.
Often include keywords in your written content in a natural and consistent manner with the reader in mind to earn greater visibility in your quest for your brand.
94 percent of marketers use social media to distribute content.(SEMrush, 2019)
Identify various ways to encourage people to share this content with their network on social media as they are engaging with it and afterward throughout the project. Highlight key takeaways in blogs, papers, and other written material, such as an important quote or a meaningful phrase, to emphasize tidbits worth sharing on social media.
When sharing a video with your customers, have a social media-related call-to-action, either inside the video itself or as part of the video’s explanation.
5. Content Distribution
After you’ve produced content for your clients, it’s time to think about distribution, or how you’ll ensure they see and engage with the campaigns you’ve created.
What works best to ensure that the content reaches the right people is to use an integrated strategy based on the PESO model.
Introduced in Gini Dietrich’s book “Spin Sucks”, PESO stands for paid, earned, shared, and owned media and is a technique for incorporating each type of media into your strategy which can help cross-promote the others to drive meaningful business results.
a. Promotion through paid, earned, shared and owned platform
Earning the interest of an established audience is one of the most effective ways to get the content in front of the right people. And that is precisely what you should be doing with paid and earned media to guide the distribution of your content. You can do some research on the content marketing agencies in Bangladesh and whether they are providing services in the following platforms:
Paid media is when the company pays to get its content amplified to a larger and more relevant audience, or when it pays for content to be produced by a content marketing agency.
You may participate in a variety of paid media such as:
- pay-per-click advertisements
- influencer marketing
- social media ads
- native advertising
- podcast ads
- display advertising
Earned media may include:
- a news story
- social media mentions from prominent accounts
- a cable news segment
- radio interviews
- or even a consumer review
Pitching and developing partnerships with reputable players in your business who have their own audience are two of the most effective methods for obtaining earned media.
Shared media is mainly content on social media but specifically, content co-produced by a company and customers.
User-generated content is a form of shared media because it is free content produced by customers about a business. As a result, when people see it, they are more likely to believe it is genuine.
There are also more active approaches, such as including customers in a campaign, running a contest to encourage participation, or developing a hashtag for customers to use.
Owned media is content that your company has complete control of since it was produced by your team and is published on your website, blog, or other property you own. In terms of what you’re promoting, owned media should be the highest priority. You stand to profit the most from exclusive, original content that resides on your assets because you have complete control over the whole experience.
6. Content Integration
a. Cross-platform content integration
Content marketing can have a far-reaching effect that extends beyond the marketing department. To reap the full benefits, incorporate it into the company, from customer service, sales to the HR Department.
It is the marketing team’s duty to recognize these opportunities within the organization, incorporate content, and collaborate with stakeholders to effectively plan and execute those content.
Customer support, for example, can benefit from developing product guides to describe how to best use their leading product lines based on the frequently asked questions. The aim here is to reduce the amount of customer support queries the organization gets, as consumers can now use these guides to troubleshoot a product on their own.
b. Repurposing content to increase earnings
Repurposing content is the process of reusing material from a previously published resource and sharing it again as part of a new content format. You are not republishing the same material, but rather repackaging it in a different way.
For two reasons, repurposing content like this is an effective strategy to employ.
1. You have already committed resources to produce content, to begin with, so as long as the material is still relevant, it makes sense to leverage those in your current investments.
2. Sharing your content in a new format allows you to reach more of the right people, which is particularly important given that your audience likely likes different types of content.
To obtain these benefits, review your content and determine which resources are still relevant and have performed the best. You can review these by using tools such as Google Analytics to check conversions or BuzzSumo to check the most shared social media content.
7. Content Evaluation
a. Attribution of content actions to outcomes
What effect has content marketing had on your company? Having a blurred idea of your progress is insufficient. You need measurable results to determine the outcomes of content marketing and where you will invest more in the future.
So, let us look at the four elements of a successful measurement framework.
1. The first step is to decide which metrics to pair with your content objectives. A metric is a unit of measurement that rises or falls to indicate progress toward a goal.
Pair three to five metrics per target to ensure you are only focusing on metrics that are dangerous to your company’s profitability, show your progress toward your goals and can help incite more action.
2. Choose a combination of measurement tools to assist the company in evaluating the priorities and metrics on which it is based. Investing in more than one tool to track your progress is important because each one has different features and depending on more than one gives you a more complete image of your progress. The content measurement tools you choose will depend on your company’s needs, but Google Analytics, BuzzSumo, SEMrush, and Parse.ly are all excellent choices.
3. Using these resources, create reports on the priorities and metrics you’re monitoring for each campaign. As an example, you might create a Google Analytics report on the content that drives traffic to your website. Determine how often you will produce and review each form of the report based on its intent and who needs to access it.
4. Finally, make time to carefully examine the reporting on your content programs. A detailed review of the content’s output aims to determine which activities aren’t working, which are progressing as anticipated, and which are performing better than expected.
8. Content Innovation
a. Demonstrating thought leadership
The readers, listeners, and viewers of your content will determine whether it is considered thought leadership. That being said, there is a lot the business can do to better express its knowledge, enthusiasm, and experience through content in order to gain attention.
To become recognized for your knowledge, you must regularly publish content over a long period of time. Consistency is important because it can take many experiences with your content before an individual identifies your company with a specific subject area.
A long-term dedication to publishing videos, infographics, or a combination of material provides you with many opportunities to show that your content is dependable, trustworthy, and useful.
In addition to committing to consistency, it is important that your content is always based on a common collection of topics so that your audience can appreciate your expertise.
Aside from regularly publishing and concentrating on the same collection of subjects, strive for your content to have the best answers to your customers’ most pressing questions. That could imply investigating further into a topic with a lengthy article to cover all aspects of the subject and incorporating more up-to-date material, such as new market research.
There is no precise formula for determining the best response. When your content is comprehensive, contains up-to-date material, and is beautifully crafted, it has a far better chance of making an impression on the right people.
b. The debate over quantity vs. quality
What is more relevant, the quality of your content or the quantity? This is not only a cliché, but it has been a challenging debate for marketers for years as they try to find out what works best for their content marketing. You may be surprised by the response.
Both quantity and consistency are equally essential. Both answers are right because the content must always be of high quality in order to establish rapport with your audience. And the quantity or volume of content you produce must be sufficient to regularly engage and maintain your audience’s interest. Otherwise, it’s all too easy to forget. This problem can be solved by investing in a content series or a show.
To begin, a content series or show is when an organization periodically publishes a collection of related posts, podcast episodes, visuals, or videos centered on a central theme. Each piece of content is useful on its own, but it also creates momentum for the entire series, similar to how a Netflix series works.
To begin your own series, choose a show concept that is:
- important to your company
- a subject of interest to your customers
- relevant to what you do
By aspiring your content to be the thought leader and being consistent in that stage, you will be able to stay innovative in terms of content marketing.
Now that you are equipped with the core fundamentals of content marketing, the first thing you can do is keep up with the latest trends in content marketing in Bangladesh and the content marketing agencies in Bangladesh. There are often different approaches, platforms, and content types to try out and see which of these new opportunities work best for you. Otherwise, you can always seek help from content marketing service providers in Bangladesh.
If you run into any difficulties when you begin to embrace content marketing for your company, you can check out Dcastalia Limited and see the services provided by one of the leading Digital Marketing agencies in Bangladesh which include SEO services, content marketing, digital marketing services, and many more.
Besides, for your reference, Dcastalia Limited has so far worked with notable businesses from different industries in Bangladesh. To illustrate few examples, United Hospital, the leading health care service provider has received several services including Content Flow Design, Web Design, Web Development, Web Maintenance services from Dcastalia. Again, one of the dominant real estate companies, Shanta Holdings has taken the superior content marketing service along with other packages from Dcastalia.